Sunday, January 17, 2010

oh, the blunders

...
While sitting, caring and smiling, 
my thinking drifts away; 

snapping back with a shattering blurt. 
...
The mouth is as clean as what comes out, not what goes in. 

This explained why outward laws were no longer necessary. Jesus knew what is in our hearts is what God seeks.

Laws were first, 
but then thinking became more important: 
loving, believing in, caring for
and hoping; 
all of utmost importance though essentially invisible.

No stone messages to remind. 

Who can be perfect?
God.

Who can try?
Me.

Who can try and fail, 
stumbling on the rocky steps
skin tearing from my shin?

Me, wiping away the blood.


I do love fiercely.

But what comes out of my mouth 
sometimes trips and stutters. 
Why can't the mind stick to hope 
and care and sweet love?


I don't know who knows, 
but I will continue to follow 
along the fragile, skinny, snaking path; 

with wind blown behind me 
disintegrating where I was. 

I drag my body along,
like a camel following something, 
anything, in the Sahara. 
...

No comments:

Post a Comment